How to Install Peel & Stick Backsplash Tiles
Follow our step-by-step instructions of how to apply and remove your peel and stick backsplash tiles. Please note these instructions are for products that come in tile form. Please click here for the roll instructions. Check out our "before you hang" and "surfaces not recommended" section to get you started or jump right in to our installation and removal instructions!
- Check all batch & pattern numbers match.
- Check all tiles are undamaged & free from misprints.
- Check you have sufficient packs to complete the job, allowing for design repeat.
Gather Your Tools
- Tape Measure
- Level (or Plumb Bob) & Pencil
- Ruler or Straight Edge
- Utility Knife & Plastic Smoother Set
- Step Stool or Step Ladder
Prepare Your Walls
- Let the product acclimate/acclimatize in the room it will be applied, for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Clean surface using warm water only. If chemical cleaners, or soap is used, there can be no residue.
- Allow at least 4 weeks for newly painted surfaces to fully cure (or longer, if recommended by paint manufacturer)
- Test product in an inconspicuous location of surface before applying to desired location.
Surfaces must be smooth, dry, clean & firm. The product may not adhere to unclean/textured surfaces. LEARN MORE about surfaces not recommended for application.
Start Your Strip
- Use your countertop as a leveled guide for an even application. Or Use a level to draw a horizontal line as a guide during application.
*Do not stretch the material. This can cause gaps between the seams overtime.
Applying Backsplash tiles
Fold down protective backing, (avoid touching adhesive - dust, dirt and oils will affect its strength) and press lightly to align first tile to your guide. Remove backing, pressing firmly when satisfied with placement.
Smooth and Trim Your Backsplash
For remaining tiles, evenly overlap grout lines for a seamless look!
Remove Your Backsplash
The tiles can be removed by pulling the edge from top corner directly downward, however they are meant to be a more permanent design solution in order to hold up the rigors of a busy home. This means their adhesive is stronger than our decals and NuWallpaper, and so could potentially take a bit of paint off a wall when removed.
Before You Install Your Backsplash
Surfaces must be smooth, dry, clean & firm. The product may not adhere to unclean/textured surfaces. Allow at least 4 weeks for newly painted surfaces to fully cure (or longer, if recommended by paint manufacturer). Test product in an inconspicuous location of surface before applying to desired location.
Surfaces Not Recommended for Application
We do not recommend installing backsplash on the following surfaces:
- Textured Walls
- Unpainted Drywall/Sheetrock or Plaster
- Non-stick Paint
If you are hanging this product around sockets or switches, switch off main power, unscrew fixtures & clean out all dust prior to starting as this will negatively affect adhesion.
Any damp issues must be corrected before application of this product.