How to Install Peel & Stick Backsplash Roll
Follow our step-by-step instructions of how to apply and remove your peel and stick backsplash tiles. Please note these instructions are for products that come in rolls, not tiles. Please click here for the tile instructions. Check out our "before you hang" and "surfaces not recommended" section to get you started or jump right in to our installation and removal instructions!
- Check all batch & pattern numbers match.
- Check all rolls and tiles are undamaged & free from misprints.
- Check you have sufficient rolls to complete the job, allowing for design repeat.
Gather Your Tools
- Tape Measure
- Level (or Plumb Bob) & Pencil
- Ruler or Straight Edge
- Utility Knife & Plastic Smoother Set
- Step Stool or Step Ladder
Prepare Your Walls
- Let the product acclimate/acclimatize in the room it will be applied, for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Clean surface using warm water only. If chemical cleaners, or soap is used, there can be no residue.
- Allow at least 4 weeks for newly painted surfaces to fully cure (or longer, if recommended by paint manufacturer)
- Test product in an inconspicuous location of surface before applying to desired location.
Surfaces must be smooth, dry, clean & firm. The product may not adhere to unclean/textured surfaces. LEARN MORE about surfaces not recommended for application.
Start Your Strip
- Use your countertop as a leveled guide for an even application. Or Use a level to draw a horizontal line as a guide during application.
*Do not stretch the material. This can cause gaps between the seams overtime.
Fold 12 inches down of protective backing, (avoid touching adhesive - dust, dirt and oils will affect its strength) and press lightly to align to your guide. Remove more backing and press firmly when satisfied with placement. Do not stretch the material. If there are seams, this may cause gaps overtime. If hanging multiple strips, it is recommended to slightly overlap strips by 1/32in (.5mm). Remove the sheet to reposition if needed.
Smooth and Trim Your Backsplash
Use a plastic smoother to adhere product to wall. Trim product using a straight edge & sharp utility knife or scissors. Using the smoother to ensure adhesion is important.
Remove or Reposition Your Backsplash
Slowly pull edge from top corner directly downward. This product’s adhesive is repositionable & always removable.
Before You Install Your Backsplash
Surfaces must be smooth, dry, clean & firm. The product may not adhere to unclean/textured surfaces. Allow at least 4 weeks for newly painted surfaces to fully cure (or longer, if recommended by paint manufacturer). Test product in an inconspicuous location of surface before applying to desired location.
Surfaces Not Recommended for Application
We do not recommend installing backsplash on the following surfaces:
- Textured Walls
- Unpainted Drywall/Sheetrock or Plaster
- Non-stick Paint
If you are hanging this product around sockets or switches, switch off main power, unscrew fixtures & clean out all dust prior to starting as this will negatively affect adhesion.
Any damp issues must be corrected before application of this product.